Dear USDA: I Want REAL Labels for GMOs
The USDA's proposed rule for labeling genetically engineered foods is ridiculous.
It would allow misleading symbols and terms, allow scannable QR codes instead of clear on-package labels, AND it wouldn't require any GMO labels before 2022!
They're asking for public comments before Tuesday, July 3.
Join us in telling USDA how to fix the proposed rule by:
- requiring the use of "GMO" or "GE" instead of the misleading "bioengineered" or "BE"
- requiring neutral symbols, rather than the biased smiley-face and sun images proposed
- requiring clear, on-package labels, rather than QR codes that not everyone can access
- requiring even highly processed GMO ingredients to be labeled
- requiring labels before 2022